Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Fence project 2013

Mystery solvedBeforeBefore - side viewFence assemblyAssembled, but incompleteHighbush blueberry bed
"Applying rust"Front-of-fence bedBlueberry bed, bee boxesSuperMaxx BlueberriesFront-of-fence bed, Aug. 5After -- for now.
Fence, first winter

Fence project 2013, a set on Flickr.

We had a pretty dusting of snow overnight, and I was able to get a picture of our new-ish fence in winter conditions.

I designed this fence in the spring to divide our front yard from our back yard. My father fabricated it, we installed it as a family, and then I installed the new beds with my mother.

Eventually, we want to put a single panel of fence off the corner of the house. Seen parallel to the front of the house, it will still be very open, a gap of about 14 feet from house corner to the long fence, but from the road, it will make the back yard look more enclosed, and provide screening effect when sitting on a yet-to-be-built deck.

No comments: