Monday, April 12, 2010

Still Alive! Very Busy

Landscape architecture hasn't done me in yet but it is trying its best.



Our final design project of the year was doing a site plan for the Guelph Civic Museum's new site on Catholic Hill. The hill has an interesting history (well, to me all history is interesting), but I don't have time to get into it at the moment. I do have time, however, to post this image of the building that will become the museum and the site it sits on, and the axonometric drawing I did for the corner of Norfolk and Cork Streets, at the bottom of the site. This is the first time this year I have used watercolour for my design work. I found it made the section and axonometric go faster, but it took longer to finish the master plan, because I had to wait for the paint to dry before I could go on, and I had to mask certain areas while I was doing washes. Lots of fun, though, and unfortunately a very effective distraction from AutoCAD!

04112010 axonometric GCM


I'll try and let you know Friday night that I survived the week. Things aren't looking too good. I ate a sweet potato Saturday. That was literally what I ate. Tonight I was going to eat an egg, but I walked home from school and decided to get a sandwich at The Cornerstone instead. It was a delicious sandwich. Hopefully it will tide me over for four days.

No comments: