Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cyril the crow

injured crow

Dad found an injured crow in the back yard yesterday evening, picked him up, and placed him in our old bird feeder cage. It was a very blustery night, I could hear the roof and walls creaking and heaving with each gust, and I was glad we were able to give him shelter. The crow was quite calm the whole time, did not peck or hiss. He felt warmer than I thought he would, and his feathers were firm and soft. Yes, I totally want a pet crow now.

He made it through the night and I brought him to the Eastern Shore Veterinary Hospital in Porters Lake today. They are one of the animal hospitals that provide wildlife care for the Hope for Wildlife Society (an animal rehabilitation centre in Seaforth). Hopefully they were able to treat Cyril (that is what Dad is apparently calling him) and he can be rehabilitated. I will be able to call tomorrow to get an update.

I think it is interesting that the night there was a crow under our roof, I dreamed that my cat Willow came back after being gone for ten years. Do crows bring dreams?

4 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Crows are messengers of change which is why people can be frightened of them, so many people don't like change. He almost looks like a raven to me, his beak seems shorter than a crow's. I'm so glad you and your Dad rescued this little one, sounds like a sweetheart to me. I adore these black birds.

Sacred Suzie said...

I would love to hear about the candle hunt, that sounds interesting. I also heard that Fall River is a great place to go looking at Christmas tree lights.

Sacred Suzie said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my photography, I truly appreciate it. I used to be really good at photography and then hit a rut but I'm working my way through it now and your kind words help cheer me on.

haben said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com