Thursday, September 18, 2008

Faerie seats

Conditions were perfect in Nova Scotia this summer for fungi, and I have been seeing interesting mushrooms everywhere. Even so, I was very impressed by these toadstools growing under a tree on my brother and sister-in-law's property in the Valley last week. The toadstools were as tall as my hand! I really do think Nova Scotia is probably only second to PEI among Canadian provinces for its faerie-friendliness, and September and October are their golden months.

Toadstools

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Outstanding photograph! I'm glad this is a fairy-friendly place. I really am.

Scott, Dee and Emily said...

cool mushrooms- they kind of gross me out on our lawn, but I like the kind you eat:) How've you been? I'm almost fully cooked- baby will come nov 24ish...emily and scott are well, it's a rainy day here in McAdam...talk later,dee><>