Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thesis causes rift in space-time continuum. Plus more flowers.

I did the unthinkable last night - skipped sailing in order to work on my thesis! It paid off more or less, though, since my second chapter is mostly finished. I'm thinking positive thoughts once again, and whenever things get a bit grim, I contemplate the california poppies in the front yard.

self sowers

I also keep a little sprig of lavender with me at the computer, I smell it when I get a little anxious. Is that odd? Well it works, so it can't be that strange. The bees remind me to stay busy, too.

lavender collage

It's a bit busy at 400 pixels - best viewed large.

4 comments:

theysaywordscanbleed said...

that is just stunning!

arlene,
Poulsbo florist

Sacred Suzie said...

It sounds like you followed your instincts on where to put your energy which is always wise. And pretty! Look at those flowers! I love California poppies.

I have contacted the Sackville Rivers Association, they only care about the rivers and not the rest of the garbage. Thanks though!

Sarah O. said...

Suzie, that sucks - I guess they would care about the bike in the water, but not the litter along the trail. Which is ridiculous, really, since everything *on* the trail is going to end up in the lake and river.

karim said...

Very thoughtfull post on positive thinking. It should be very much helpfull.

Thanks,
Karim - Positive thinking