Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ankles Schmankles

I'm up to my neck in thesis, a little water is nuttin' (knock on wood, obviously, I don't need a downpour in my office while I'm writing).

I'm up late writing tonight, but felt like a little procrastination was in order as well. We are putting in a patio, and Mom has done a lot of backbreaking work to clear out the grass and clay soil. Then we got a month's worth of rain in two days. And this was what our new patio looked like:



The water mostly drained away (we have drainage issues; one of the reasons for the patio), but not before our backyard lake was discovered by a frog. No pictures of him at the moment, but he's totally adorable.

P.S.: I'll have the silly/cheesy photo editing out of my system soon, I swear I half-heartedly commit no, really.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

The rain has been crazy hasn't it? Brought own lawn back from the dead so that's good but not so good about your flooding! I like the cheesy program you're using for photos, what is it? I need it! I'm bored of my pictures, LOL.

Did you see I got to Lunenburg on the weekend? Now that place has my name written all over it, too bad it's sooooo far away!

Sarah O. said...

I downloaded GIMP b/c it's freeware and it sorta replicates the editing capabilities of Photoshop. I discover tricks one day that I can't for the life of me remember the next week, but it's a fun way to mess around without forking out the $100s for Photoshop!

It is unfortunate that there is nothing like Lunenburg so close at hand - picturesque setting and amenities and services nearby as well.