Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Just to see

It may be 5 degrees celsius outside today, but it was -13 c. when I and a friend stumbled into Brule a few days ago. We were out for a drive - just to see - and the North Shore was lovely in its snow cover. The frigid wind? Not so lovely. Thank goodness for warm cars!

Brule Point

Brule Point


Balmoral Grist Mill
Balmoral Grist Mill


Closer to home, we have had a flock of about 18 Common Redpolls visit us a few times since the start of January. I love all birds, and I love finches, and I love these too. Our bird guide calls them "uncommon, irregular" - which I assume refers to their population and bird-feeder loyalty. If they don't come back, I'm glad I was able to get a few pictures of them on Sunday.

Common Redpolls
Common Redpolls

1 comment:

jodi said...

Hi Sarah: Got your comment. The company I won't recommend is one that starts with V and ends with y and is in PEI. My email is jodi AT bloomingwriter dot ca; just send me an email and I'll come back with some suggestions of where to go. I don't recommend buying plants by mailorder because we can get such good choices in Nova Scotia from local nurseries, better sized and healthier plants and better prices too. (You don't have to post this comment, just send me a note and I'll write back to you, though it will show up as a different address (my bloomingwriter address flows to my main one.)