Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Trouble on two wheels times two

Many of you already know, but...

Hooray!!! Mom and I both got our motorcycle licences!!! It was a cold, wet, miserable weekend, but when the sun finally shone, we each had two pieces of yellow carbon-copy paper with our names on it. We can go to Access Nova Scotia in 31 days (that's 29, now) to get the "A" put on our licence.

The cameras stayed in the car this weekend, so I am afraid there is no photographic evidence to show we were both actually on motorcycles, but Mom guarantees her thighs have never ached in the particular gripped-a-gas-tank-all-weekend way that they do right now, and I can demonstrate my amazing nose-blowing-finesse-while-wearing-a-full-face-helmet to anyone who asks. Oh yes, it is absolutely *charming.*

Now all I need to do is find a bike! And get insurance. And maybe a part-time job to pay for gas.

But I passed! It's all good.

2 comments:

CatandOz said...

Yeah. I still can't believe. Any other daring plans that you'd like company to complete.

Love Mom

Pastor Scott said...

I can't believe the motorcycle licenses! I still haven't sent you back an email re: the Elliott Smith album. Yes, I downloaded it from emusic. Yes, it is very good. And I will send you a list of the essential songs from it, in case you want to join emusic and start with the best ones...