Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pretzels!

This post is so named because I made pretzels this afternoon. The exclamation mark is because they were delicious. The recipe I used is here. Don't believe the user reviews that say they taste like "white bread." They must've done something wrong. These are knots of pure pretzely goodness.

I made the pretzels without any alterations to the recipe. I will note that I stirred all the flour in at once, and kneaded in the loose bits that would not combine. It's a really tough/heavy dough, but you need it like that if it is going to rise and roll out properly (it also makes them delectably tender and chewy). Don't forget to butter them when they come out of the oven! Just DROWN them in it. Yum!

Pretzels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I HAVE to try to make these. They would be perfect to take on a picnic.

Jacquie