Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Catblogging - "I can see the Matrix!" edition

I took two pictures of Olivia the other night as she sat out on the back deck, watching the birds going about their evening duties. I decided to edit one and use it today for catblogging.

Livy BW

Now, I really do like this picture. I blurred the edges and upped the contrast and sharpness, to try and show the early evening activity, and the long dark shadows cast by a setting sun. Yet, this picture didn't manage to capture the intensity of my little cat's gaze, how she seemed to absorb every flash of wing and overturned twig with every one of her senses. So I went back to the drawing board, and edited the other picture. I hope you agree, it is much more evocative:

Livy colour

Is this how a cat sees? I don't know, but when a cat not prone to sanity and cleverness, and completely devoid of instinct, finds the evening noises so fascinating, I think it must be something like.

Larger images here and here.

No comments: