Friday, April 06, 2007

Steaming Roses!

My father drinks about four and a half litres of Pepsi a week. My mother likes everything decaf, but still drinks green tea every day. I have a cup of coffee every morning, but my real indulgence is tea. During marking time, I probably drink about two litres of tea a week. Orange Pekoe, Earl Grey, chamomile, green, chai, and my favourite, that strange leafy tea full of sticks that Kristen gave me as a birthday present. Well folks, it's marking time, so if you see me sometime next week sporting teeth the colour of rootbeer, give me another week to get them nice and sparkling again.



This picture is a *leetle* bit blurry, since the lighting conditions weren't ideal for my little workhorse Olympus. I took it at Queen of Cups, where I ate lunch with a friend on Tuesday. She most emphatically recommends the peach bread pudding. It really is delicious. The tea in my cup is some kind of rose-scented tea. It is a very gentle rose scent, and quite delicious tea. When I was little I always thought roses smelled like soap, so I naturally held quite a grudge against them. It's only in the last five years or so that I have been able to really appreciate their scent. Now I blame soap for smelling like soap.



I don't think I have posted this picture of a rose I took at the botanical gardens in Annapolis Royal back in September.

No comments: