Sunday, March 25, 2007

Battlestar Galactica

The Battlestar Galactica season finale:

Holy COW, that was good. The first 40 minutes, it was impossible to believe that this was actually a season finale, it was rather sedate. And then, Bam! Twenty minutes, and my life was changed forever* (okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it was really good!). It was a perfectly balanced episode, made more effective by not sticking to traditional story arcs. One of the best moments? The very first credit of the final credits.

Now we have to wait until January to see the conclusion, unless the two-hour special in the fall answers any questions. Please note I have heroically refrained from using exclamation marks in this paragraph. I shall never bee accused of writing like Dan Brown.

Unfortunately, without exclamation marks to keep me excited, I'm afraid I will rather be like that rock that gathered moss if I have to wait until January to find out what happens to all my favourite Galactites. Which is a perfect segue** (imagine that!) into a picture I took today of lichen:



*Note for future: never blog immediately after fantastic season cliff-hanger of favourite show. It can get a little gushy.

** Did you know that "segue" is actually pronounced "seg-wey"? I didn't! I always thought a "segueway" was somehow different from a "segue". And you know what else? I'm not in the least bit embarrassed to confess my ignorance.

No comments: