Sunday, January 28, 2007

A spring in my step



Well, I'm finally finished my essays for first semester! If I had written this on Friday, the title of today's post would be "Hooray for Everything," but since the euphoria has worn off, and I'm on to my next challenge (my thesis proposal), I will settle for the above.

It feels like a weight has been lifted, and I'm finally ready for the new year (hence the picture of my spring chicken - an expanding egg creature that I found in my Christmas stocking). My eyes and brain are already itching to read some L.M. Montgomery, I'm feeling that positive. I spent yesterday cleaning my room from top to bottom (quite literally, I vacuumed both my floor and my lighting fixture). It's a pleasure to spend time in my room now!

I've also been thinking a lot about what I would do for a PhD dissertation, if I ever go further with my education, and I've been hatching some interesting ideas. Interesting to myself, at least. I doubt many of you out there would like to hear about how literature and landscape has influenced the Maritime provinces' tourism strategies, and how antimodernism and geographic reality plays into gendered representations of landscape? Hint: I get to use L.M. Montgomery as an example!

Because, let's be frank, I should have studied to become an L.M.M. scholar all along.

P.S: This was supposed to be published yesterday (Sunday)

No comments: