Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Living Vicar-iously

Some of you may be familiar with my love of Elizabeth Gaskell's book "North and South" and the most recent BBC drama version of it. In fact, I watched the series late one night (from 1 am to 3 am), then promptly went online and ordered it from Amazon. I will admit that part of the allure of the miniseries is Richard Armitage's fantastic portrayal of John Thornton.

So, in light of the Christmas season (Epiphany hasn't come yet!), and Richard Armitage, I give you: My first YouTube embedded link.



Many thanks to Austenblog for posting this, where I first came across it. I've heard of the Vicar of Dibley, but never once sought it out to find out more. Until now. And, as much as I appreciate Richard Armitage, it is the vicar (Dawn French) who makes this clip so fantastic. I actually clapped at the end of it! Alone, in my room, in my pajamas. I had heard of Dawn French on some of the blogs I read, and I will certainly seek her out more now.

This post is completely out of character from what I usually do. I hope you'll indulge me!

No comments: