Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Nephews attack!


I mentioned in my last post that my nephews stayed the weekend with us earlier this month. By the end of the visit, there wasn't a single surface in the house not covered with baby drool or 2-year-old, erm, nose fluid. Is it any wonder Dad and I suffered through the plague after their visit? I got really behind in my schoolwork as a result. I finally got a breather in the school work (well, not actually, but I pulled an all-nighter last night to get my marking done and haven't really been able to focus today), and thought I would post some pics. I've only posted two, because I have to start evening out the Kohl deficiency somehow and cutting back on Kam photos is the only way to do it.

I feel like I'm writing under water. My desperate hope and desire is that I will have these two essays done by Christmas Eve. They both require second readers, and I just dread having my lame, rushed "scholarship" exposed to a third party.



I like this picture of Kohl because he instinctively hams it up for the camera and you can never get a natural shot. Here, he's saying "Oh Aunt Sarah, you're so silly. Are you SURE you don't want a picture with my finger in my nose, or my fingers in my eyes, or my face scrunched up, or my head tilted cutely to the side? I really can't believe you would pass up the opportunity."



While the angle of this picture isn't great, I love the colours and the texture of the big papa chair. It's such a manly shot, and I don't think the sleeping baby takes away from that at all, but represents (in my opinion at least) what "masculine" should really mean. It also reminds me of all those pictures of my grandfather, with a baby, child, kitten, or Grandmother, sitting on his lap. Papa Osborne, keeping the tradition alive. And he still got to enjoy his Sunday afternoon snooze.

No comments: