Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not myself, but Sarah









I had a dream a few days ago that I died, but was brought back to life through some medical means. The problem was that I was no longer Sarah, but a girl with Sarah's thoughts and only Sarah's thoughts, and none of my friends or family knew quite how to treat me. After I realized this, I spent the rest of the dream wandering around the moon-lit house, trying to think of a new name for myself that would enable me to become my own person, and so people would know how to relate to me. I can't remember what name I settled on (or maybe I do, but I don't want to share it, because it only sounds fitting in a dream).


It was very odd, being Sarah but knowing that I was not her. It was like wandering into a dimension that is exactly like your own, except instead of calling it gravity they call it non-levity. The rules are different but the results the same. Such a strange sense of 'other.'

Anyway. This is my glass of water.

No comments: