Saturday, October 14, 2006

Roast Soggy Chicken


Whew! it is toasty in here folks. Last week, Dad and his buddies moved the wood stove back in to the basement. We have half a winter's worth of wood to burn, left over from Hurricane Juan. It was cold in the house Thursday and tonight, so we have had a fire both nights. But this is a *good* stove, and it isn't yet winter temperatures outside - so I'm about ready to melt. The cat is enjoying it, though. I feel like that creepy commercial where the woman's wrists burst into flame, but right now, I think ALL of me is ready to combust.

I shouldn't really complain, though. My office (formerly the spare room) was plagued with a leak today, and this was the view of the back yard:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go home and have a wood stove again.

Jana