Thursday, October 12, 2006

One Year Older...



I'm one year older every day, of course, but today (Oct. 11, that is) is my birthday. All in all, very non-eventful, but I can't really remember an eventful birthday yet. Not that I'm complaining - I'm not really the crazy birthday kind of girl. And I would hate to miss the "At this hour ___ years ago, I was..." stories. You know Lorelai's tradition on the Gilmore Girls, how she wakes Rory up ever year and makes her listen to her birth story? Well I get the same thing, only at 10:17 p.m. Too funny.


Anyway, I did get a cake (with sparklers!), and a little present (I didn't ask for anything but this). Can you figure out what it is?






And of course, the requisite birthday self-portrait. Not that its a portrait, but you know what I mean. Don't I look thoughtful? I had to try to be a little serious, seeing as I am now entering my late-early-twenties. Next year will be early-mid-twenties, so I really should enjoy this year. *winks in recognition of irony*


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday
Jana

Scott and Dee said...

Sarah! Happy Birthday! Awesome- so I'm guessing you're...24!!! Yeah! I like sparklers. OK- Scott tells me you're 23, so I guess I just didn't get it:) Anyways, girl- happy B-day- too bad we can't be there to celebrate with you! Scott adds a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too! :):)