Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Edinburgh

Amazingly enough, I was half an hour early for my bus this morning, and made it to Edinburgh in speedy but drowsy time. The city is beautiful, old, hilly, all stone, with little wynds and closes off the Royal Mile... none of which I have explored yet, because I've been in a miserable mood, homesick and lonely and unable to recharge my digital batteries. Oh yes, its that bad.

I bought a filling meal at a grocery store and engaged in some hostel patter with the other current tenents, though, so I'm on the mend. Also bought Cold Comfort Farm to read, which is handy since it has started to rain so I'm not going to bother going out for the rest of the night.

Cheers, ma peeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Well not an insightful comment but you are making me jealous.

Jana

Sarah O. said...

Hooray, a comment! There are times when you needn't be jealous - like when four spanish people wake you up at six in the morning when you *just* got asleep thanks to the traffic - but I'm still glad you're reading! Cheers, Sarah