Monday, August 14, 2006

After the sleep



I slept from 8:30 pm last night until 10:30 am this morning. Not bad given the 32 hours previous, but I still felt like I slept away the morning. Nevertheless, I did manage a creditable day of sightseeing, walking to the University of Glasgow, Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, and hopping on the city bus tour to sight places I may want to visit tomorrow (Glasgow Cathedral, the oldest building in the city, and St Mungo's Museum of Religious Art and Medicine). The art gallery was free and it felt so bizarre walking through the main doors and not being prompted to put down £8 or 9 to walk through a throng of screaming kids and harried parents to see an eccletic collection of art, archaeological artefacts, natural history, and old weaponry.

The bus tour was nice, very low-key, with none of those ribbiting tour guides that you get so often in Halifax. Glasgow itself is not an old city by European standards, but to my North American eyes, its ancient! Here's a detail of a building down by the Clyde waterfront.

I'll probably write again tomorrow. Right now, my chicken burger is cooling.

No comments: